Hello My Name Is...
I am the Speech and Language Pathologist at Mott Hall 2. I service students from 6th, 7th, and 8th grade who are mandated for speech and language services.
Some areas of speech and language that may be addressed in speech-language therapy:
- Auditory Processing skills (memory, comprehension etc…)
- Executive Functioning skills (organization, inferencing, making judgments)
- Understanding of word relationships
- Higher-level vocabulary
- Understanding of ambiguous language and figurative language
- Pragmatic skills/ social language skills
- Problem solving, reasoning, drawing conclusions and making inferences
- Language difficulties secondary to hearing impairment
- Writing skills
- Reading comprehension skills